A new chapter and certainly I enjoyed it very much.
1988 Jacquesson & Fils Champagne Brut Perfection – France, Champagne
- Alcohol :: 12%
- Bright med golden. Soft but focus, complex nose of light brioche, green apple, pear, floral, aged champagne bouquet of toasted, caramelize tones and lots of sea shell, sea breeze. Med bodied, rich and intense palate that is still very lively, the acidity is bit sharp and very dry, clean palate with green apple and pure citrus fruits with tons of minerality and nuttiness that link me to the dry sherry that I had sometime ago. Long spicy finish. This certainly is a very good champagne, but clearly not my type.
- 2004 Domaine Follin-Arbelet Corton-Charlemagne – France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru
2004 Domaine Follin-Arbelet Corton-Charlemagne – France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru
- Alcohol :: 13.5%
- P&P. Light gold. Show pretty aromas of creamy vanilla, fresh honey, green spices and citrus notes that is deep and focus. Palate is quite restraint but the purity of fruits and sense of elegance is obvious. This getting better and better in the glass. The wine was quite warm when served in the dinner (4hours after opened) and the wine seems shutting down. Creamy mouth feel, good weight and layer of fruits with some spices, green herbs. Round and polished texture, good mid palate weight but it fall slightly on the finish with some ginger, peppery spice aftertaste. This is not as good and as lively as the 07 which has great freshness, purity and cleanness.
- 2nd poured with right temperature, wow! This wine is singing in the glass, the purity show up and the flavor (layers of fruits and spices, almond nut and earth.) that’s similar to 2007 linger with good freshness and the acidity very much lively to support the flesh and keep on linger on the palate with the minerality effortlessly. This is elegance and beautiful. However, I still fond to the 2007 vintage more.
1982 Château Calon-Ségur – France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Estèphe
- Alcohol :: Non-stated
- Deep garnet core with brownish hue. Still deep and lively, layer and layer of aromas that soar from the glass: tobacco, dried herb, green capsicum, cigar box and cedar wood that perfectly merge with very ripe blackcurrant and earthy tones. Med-full bodied, good mid palate richness and concentration with very smooth mouth feel with tobacco, cigar box, cedar wood and earthy soil along with some sweet, ripe dark fruits. At first I thought this is just a good mature Bordeaux with the initial mid palate impression, but this wine proved that I was wrong immediately. After the mid palate, the turbo engine has turned on and charged up that hit my palate with great depth and structure, lots of lively blackcurrant and sweet dark fruits, guava and the flavors spectrum expanded even more with Asian spices, bitter cocoa, dried tea leaf and high class old saddle leather. WOW! The fine, polished tannin that is not fully resolved yet added more power and grip on the palate leads to juicy, lengthy finished that seems doesn’t want to let go. This 28yrs old wine is still youthful with lots of energy and clearly not at its peak yet. I’m impressed by the complexity, finesse and the harmonious of this wine! Buy – Yes
1998 Clos Fourtet – France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru
- Dark ruby with slight brownish hue. High tone aromas of tobacco, blackcurrant, blackberry and Asian spices that is slight pungent with mineral undertone. Fresh and juicy, slight tannic, but very smooth and silky mouth feel with considerably depth and complexity with the acidity come at the back that provide a firm backbone that prolong the long, powerful spicy finishing with good sense of elegance. Very good, while this is drinking well, it has some upside potential with additional bottle aging. Buy – Yes.
1993 Egon Müller Scharzhofberger Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel – Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer
- Alcohol : 7.5%
- This wine is gorgeous, full of finesse and in a total harmony. The sweetness has toned down, with tons of mineral that’s elegance, and the deep aromas of honey, honeysuckle, beeswax with petroleum infused surrounding by a garden of perfume white and yellow floral, orchard fruits and ripe tropical fruits that’s is so fragrance that you will definitely get seduced. The palate, wow! Stunning freshness and so clean, with pure ripe Tropical fruits, honey, plum and peaches with excellent depth, complexity and intensity give you a heavy punch on the palate yet it is so well-balance and light on its feet that you hardly feel the weight and will rush to get another glass! The long mineral infused finished just goes on and on. This is definitely a 1st class dessert wine. While this is such a great wine, the 1999 is even better!