Another Champagne house that I tried during the tasting. Not really sure about the background thus I extracted this from their brochure:
Trepo Leriguier champagne is located south-east of Reims. Chardonnay love the chalky soil and perfect sun-exposition. Our family owns a 25acres vineyard.
In order to create our 4 different “assemblages” (blends), we pick and choose between 313 “crus” and 240000 land plots allowed to produce “champagne” grapes. Our grapes are carefully hand-harvested and quickly driven to a press close by to preserve taste and aromas. The juices are sorted according to grapes, soils and even plots.
Our state of the art vats allow sorting for later mosaic-like blend.
They produced 4 Cuvees of Champagne to suit the all occasion (from left to right):
- Blanc de Blanc – Cuvee Solemn <Ceremony>
- Blanc de Noir – Cuvee Friendly <Between Friends>
- Blanc de Noir Sec – Cuvee Intimate <Rendez-vous>
- Rose – Cuvee Celebration <Sleepless night>
Good label design and to me, is quite commercialize as they even provided Chinese version catalogue The Champagnes are relatively straight-forward & uninspiring except the Cuvee Friendly that stood out in the range for me of the character and more serious profile.
N.V. Trepo Leriguier Blanc de Blanc – Solemn cuvee Champagne (France, Champagne)
- Still young and not expressive. Chalky mineral with some toasted oak and oxidative note with honey sweetness on both nose and palate. A bit lean on the palate that show some white fruits, green apple and the slight creamy mouth feel that leads to refreshing finish with mineral aftertaste.
N.V. Trepo Leriguier Blanc de Noir – Friendly cuvee Champagne (France, Champagne)
- 80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay
This is a step up form the BDB and showing more serious profile. Med toasted oak with citrus fruits, red cherry with a touch of brioche and earth that is still restraint Structure, better grip and depth with some ripe fruits and mineral that show sense of elegance, good balance with refreshing mouth feel leads to long gripping finish with hint of austerity.
N.V. Trepo Leriguier Blanc de Noir – Intimate cuvee Sec Champagne (France, Champagne)
- 75% Pinot Meunier, 25% Chardonnay
The nose doesn’t show anything, at all. The palate is rather friendly though, expressive and fruits driven style of green apple and peaches that is slightly sweet, straight forward and drinking well with sweet mango after taste.
N.V. Trepo Leriguier Rose – Celebration cuvee Champagne (France, Champagne)
- 80% Pinot Meunier, 10% Pinot Noir, 10% Chardonnay. This has the wild factor, red floral and red cherry fruits with earthy tones. Relatively light on the palate and very close at this stage, round, creamy texture with soft persistent finish with mineral aftertaste.