Happy New Year!
New year eve dinner, which mean last wine drinking in 2010, we selected two 1er Cru from Burgundy -> Gevrey Chambertin & Chambolle Musigny, a contrast of male and female respectively.
The food prepare by our host today is simply delicious, though basically green based, but it was well match and cooked, even a non-green fans like ZQ who find herself enjoyed the food very much! This explain the cooking skill of our host.
Beside of the food and wines, we also found ourselves in love with Xbox Kinect, hahaha. It was so fun to play together with friends and created a lots of smile and LOL ^^ Thanks you very much!
- Veg sticks with caramelized onion dip
- Apple zucchini bites
- Smoked salmon & watercress crostini
- Rockmelon & parma ham
- Warm red cabbage salad
- Green beans, leeks & dill
- Winter pasta – spinach & thyme penne
- Honey-baked ham with slice pineapple
- Strawberry surprise dessert 🙂
2001 Domaine Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Champeaux Vieille Vigne (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru)
- Refreshing, distinctly nose that display lots of sweet and sour red fruits, orange peel, tea leaves with touched of animal wild factor that intermixed with earth and polish wood that show super fresh and lifted aromas with hint of perfume red floral. . While this not fully mature, it does show well with good integration and drinkability. Medium body, the sappy, intense palate offer medium complexity, depth, superb transparency, well balance of rich sweet cherry fruits, very fresh orange citrus acidity and wood spice that supported firmly by the almost fully integrated silky tannin along with polish texture that flow onto the persistent finish with lots of spices. Very enjoyable.
2005 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru)
- As one would expect from a 2005 1er Cru, the wine is still pretty tight and very youthful on both nose and palate. Stil, this display good quality, healthy sweet fruits that is seductive and elegance. Perfume floral with sweet dark and red fruits, mild earth and wet forest floor that bring out the freshness from the deep aromatic profile though this is not really showy now. Sweet, polish, round and spicy, with some bitter tannin, mouth coating intensity and fresh, dried tea leaves bitterness finished that is long and persistent. Well definition and this need times to really show.