My first ever Thai Fine Dining @ Sukhothai Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. I have no idea what is Thai Fini Dining before this and thanks to the opportunity, I knew it now.
Nam Nguyen – Executive Chef of Colonnade, special crafted a set of delicious dishes for the night and I must say the food is stunning. The main highlights are Appetizer – Celadon Selection, Clear soup with black garoupa, Grilled giant river prawn, Manila clams and Passion fruits mango sorbet!
Did I mention that the alcohol tax in Thailand is…….. =.=”’ ??? I was really happy that we have very nice wines for the dinner.
- Appetizer – Assorted fried skin (Pig, Chicken, Fish)
- Khong Waang Celado – Celadon Selection
- SomTam KorMoo Yaang – Spicy Green Papaya Salad, Marinated Roasted Pork Neck
- Laab Phed – Salad spicy minced duck, roasted rice, fresh mint leaf
- Soup Sai Plagao, Phak Pi, Ang Lae Phak Koon – Clear soup with black garoupa, rice paddy herbs and taro stems
- Hoy Lai Phad Ped – Manila clams with sweet basil and prawn chilli paste
- Gai Phad MedMaMuang HimMaPhan – Wok fried chicken with cashew nuts, dried chillies, snow peas, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts
- Sator Phad Moo GoongMungKorn Sod – Wok fried petai with pork belly & lobster , kaffir lime leaves
- Gaeng Mussaman Nuea – Beef in Mussaman Curry
- Goong Mae Naam Pao – Grilled giant river prawn
- PhadPrikPao Phak Tang Tang – Stir-fried Seasonal Thai Vegetables, Sweet Chili Paste
- Khao Suay – Steamed Jasmine Rice
- Naam Keng Sai Nai MaProaw – Sweet Morsels in Chilled-Smoked Syrup, Passion fruit – Mango Sorbet
- PolLaMai Ruam – Seasonal Fresh Fruits (Got Ciku!)
- Cafe Rue Cha – The Sukhothai Blended Coffee or Selection of Tea Mignardises Sweet Teaser
2008 Weingut Max Ferd. Richter Brauneberger Juffer Riesling Kabinett (Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer)
- Steely, fishy mineral with white tangerine fruits. Fresh, slight oily mouth feel with flavors of fresh citrus, peaches and tangerine with perfect balance of sweetness, mineral freshness and zesty acidity. Finished fresh with medium length. Technically right, but perhaps lack a bit of character.
- This dark ruby red wine boost very powerful nose of roasted herb, game, cigar box and tobacco that accompany by sweet currant fruits flow on to the medium bodied, intense palate which coated by the medium level of firm, fine tannin with oak and structure dominant but the underlying pure sweet dark fruits is very promising and fresh, quite complex and polished texture with juicy, powerful complex finish. Still painfully young and this will definitely become better after some 5-7yrs bottle age. Buy – Yes if the price is right.